09 October 2008

Bad. Aunt.

Today I was a very very bad aunt.

I forgot Marcus.

I forgot him.

He was at the babysitters, and I was suppose to go get him. I didn't. I left him to fend for himself.



At least his babysitter didn't send him packing. She held onto him until very upset-- but not showing it-- mother came and got him.


Bad, bad aunt. Thanks for the grace, Sis.


I think my mind is gone. I can't think of words. I have no sense of responsibility. I was glad when I ran across this article on Molly Piper's blog. She and her husband Abraham Piper (John Piper's son) lost their sweet baby girl Felicity about a year ago. She is an amazing woman and a great writer, I love reading her blog. She posted this really helpful series about how to help a grieving friend. I actually read this long before we lost Jaren, but I just recently came upon it again. She is very insightful and shares from her own experiences. One of the posts was about the grieving friend being a "scatterbrain." She certainly is right on there.

1 comment:

Brynn said...

eh, i wasn't THAT mad... ;) It was fine.