08 October 2008

Shopping Therapy?

Today was a good day. The sunshine helps. Dan stayed home from work and he, Elly, and I went to Target together and picked out a scrapbook for Jaren. We went to the Children's Museum. We met Tiel and Nia for lunch in CR and then shopped for Eden's b'day (Oct. 26 she turns 6!). After picking Eden up for school, we headed to Goodwill and seriously cleaned them out. Eden was in dire need of some sweatshirts for these cold mornings. I found two really nice Disney Store brand fleece pull-overs, one for $6 and one for $3. We also found her a couple of cotton Old Navy shirts and a Puma jacket for $3- it was perfect. The best score was a $4 pair of snow boots. Elly got a couple of things- a pair of Bongo jeans (my faves) and a Gap dress that might fit next year but was too good to pass up at $2. I also found a hoodie and some work out pants, and Dan found a button-down AE shirt for his trip to Germany. My favorite purchase was a 38 cent magent I found that features Mr. Salt and Mrs. Pepper from Blues Clues. I love those guys, and I love magnets!

Ok, so I am rambling about things that don't matter. Can I still do that?

I tried really hard to pretend that everything was normal today. Maybe that is why I shopped so much. But of course, it won't be "normal" like I am thinking and wanting. It will get easier, I am sure, but I think this changes a person. I guess I am ok with that. I want to be changed. If it means that I knew this sweet babe as my son, just one day short of a month, than I am ok being changed. I wouldn't change knowing him for the world.

1 comment:

HollyMarie said...

You really scored at Goodwill... I think I need to get over there soon! Ben's bday is also Oct. 26... but he'll be 31. :) Shad, continuing to keep you in my prayers!