14 October 2008

Apple Crisp

I feel good today. My favorite season is in full force here in Iowa. Lovely colors on the trees, crisp 50-60 degree air. Ahhhhh. Nice.

And I baked. My mom sent me home with already cut and peeled apples- who could resist a little apple crisp with NO work at all? Not me and definitely not my husband. I made a huge batch- a 9x13 bubbling up over the top. Fall is here now! I hope the recipe is good- I sort of didn't measure. You know, a little this, a little that. Can you really screw up apple crisp?

My very good friend Kim sent me a package today. She knows me too well- she knows that I need a good chat on her couch over cocoa. She sent me a journal, a framed pic of Jaren to display, a box of tissues, cocoa and REESE's PIECES. Like I said, she knows me!! Thanks, Kim!! Love you.

2 comments:

Rachel Bardwell said...

I am making some apple crisp tonight!! Yes, you can screw up apple crisp (well, I can). Mine is sometimes a little too runny if the apples are really juicy. Any suggestions? I already use a lot of corn starch.

Shadley said...

i just used a little flour to thicken up the apples. and a lot of sugar. ALOT of sugar.