1. Eden's sweet spirit. Last night she prayed, "Dear God, thanks so much for giving us another chance to get our baby brother." and then today when I took her to school, I said, as always, "Have a wonderful day, Sweetie." She flashed me a big grin and replied, "I WILL have a wonderful day!" She is such a blessing to me.
2. God's TRUTH.
"Do not be anxious about ANYTHING, but in EVERYTHING (even court delays), by prayer and petition, WITH THANKSGIVING (being thankful even in the crappy things), present YOUR REQUESTS to God (he wants me to tell him what I want). And the PEACE of God which transcends all understanding (the kind that doesnt' make sense) will guard (protect, shield) your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus (the Savior of the World)."
Phil 4:6-7 (emphasis and parentheses mine)
We feel peace. We are relying on God for strength and we know he could have shown up miraculously to make this turn out differently but He chose not to. We still trust Him and believe He is good. All the time.
The other day, I was standing by the door and Elly said to me, "Mom, I want you." I assumed she meant she wanted me to hold her, so I lifted her up to the window. She just hugged onto to me. I said, "Don't you want to see out the window?" And she said, "No, I just wanted YOU." She didn't want me to do anything for her, she just wanted to be with me. It struck me that God wants me to just "want Him" too. He doesn't mind when I tell him my needs (and I believe He wants that too) but He also wants me to just want Him. So if there is one thing I can do during this additional wait time, it's spend some time telling God, "I want You!"
1 comment:
AMEN, Sister!
Glad you guys are keeping the faith. We are continuing to pray for you!
Post a Comment