I am always impressed with the clarity of
John Piper's speaking and writing (he is a pastor at Bethlehem Baptist Church in Minneapolis). I've had a hard time articulating how I feel about the Obama presidency, and thankfully John Piper has made it easier for me to explain! I believe he sums up best how I feel here, when he compared the sovereignty of God in the Flight 1549 crash (along with the miraculous landing) and President Obama's appointment:
"As much as I reject Obama’s stance on abortion, I am thankful to the bottom of my soul that an African-American can be President of United States. The enormousness of it all is unspeakable. This is God’s doing. The geese were God’s doing. The landing of Flight 1549 was God’s doing. And the Obama presidency is God’s doing. 'He removes kings and sets up kings' (Daniel 2:21)."
The rest of his words are
here.
No comments:
Post a Comment