29 November 2009
Sequence of Events.
While putting away laundry, I noticed a pile of hand-wash clothing that I had yet to wash. I took them downstairs intending to wash them in the tub. I noticed the drain plug was not sticking when I pushed it down, so I called for Dan. He pushed it in with his foot and POP. Broke it. So while he goes about fixing that, I helped the girls put away toys in the playroom. All the sudden I hear a whoooshing noise really loud in the laundry room. I walk in to find the washing machine spraying water in all directions from it's hose. Water had just started to creep across the floor and I yelled for Dan to come. Well to be honest I yelled, "DAN DAN DAN!!! SOMETHING WENT WRONG HERE!!!!!!" He was right beside the playroom in the bathroom (fixing the drain) and came right away and shut the water off at the source (which I can't reach). So, the good news is that we were all downstairs when that happened! Many times we start the laundry and go upstairs- we probably would not have heard that! And the bad news is that now we have the drain and the laundry hose to fix! But Dan is handy...I am thankful for that. All because I wanted to handwash the girls' Ethiopian dresses!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sometimes life goes like that, doesn't it? Good thing you have a handy hubby. :)
Post a Comment