Ok, sorry for all the wordy posts and no pics. I'm not that sorry though, since this post is more of the same.
Esias is scheduled to go into the hospital Tuesday the 17th at 9am to get an NG tube placed. This is the one that goes down your nose. They will watch him all day to see how he handles it. Then the next morning, they will laproscopically place the G tube in his abdomen. This one is a "peg" tube. It will be the more permanent kind. We will be able to come home on Thursday the 19th if all goes as planned.
We are slowly getting daycare/chauffeur duties taken care of. I think we're getting close. Thanks to all of you who have volunteered to watch the girls. It's so nice to have great friends. This hospitalization is not going to be the best timing, since Dan cannot have the time off (not even unpaid because of some responsiblities) so it will be me with Esias, the girls with sitters and at school, and Dan at work til 5- then we can switch or whatever. A little crazy, but we'll manage.
I am stressing about not being able to feed my son with a bottle. I seriously enjoy that time with him and it has been so good for our bonding. I cried and cried when I weaned Elly and I am dreading this transition with the same grief. I love feeding my baby boy.
That's all for now! I need some rest.
4 comments:
Thanks for the udpate Shadley... you guys will be busy... sorry to hear you'll all be swimming in separate pools for a bit but I know you guys are strong and will hang in there. Praying all goes well for Esias and that your mommy heart can handle it all too.
Yea, those feeding moments are really special. They are just so peaceful, for a few minutes anyway. I'll be praying for all of you!
Praying for you and your family.
Hey Shadley....wish I was there to help you out. :( I don't have any experience with the G-tube, we only had an NG tube. One thing we did with Jackson to make the "feeding" experience more bonding was that while his feeding tube was running, we'd hold and cuddle with him as though we were feeding him- he was little, so we did a pacifier, too, and he would "suck" on it while he ate. It's not much, but it made it sorta special and cozy and bonding, since I really was sad about not getting to do that, too. :(
We love you guys and are continuing to pray for little Esias, poor little tyke. He's been through so much. I'm continuing to pray for strength for you as well, I hope you are able to get some rest...
Post a Comment