We left town this weekend so I didn't update the blog. Sorry, faithful readers :)
Friday Esias was evaluated by the Early Access people. She was here for over two hours asking questions and watching him play. He qualified for services based on his health problems and his level of developmental delay. So we will make a plan for service with them in the next couple of weeks and be visited by the occupational therapists, speech therapists, and maybe physical therapists. Tuesday we will get a call from the GI department to see when they can schedule the tube insertion. We're hoping it's right before Thanksgiving because my parents can take the girls that week Thur-Sun and that would be a good chance for us to get used to everything new.
Esias has handled the cold/virus like a champ, but we have been concerned because he is not eating well right now and is not having very wet diapers. We used disposables throughout the weekend at my parent's and it was obvious that they were not as wet as they should have been. I think I need to put a call in to the docs tomorrow. He's refluxing quite a bit too and has spit up a little more than usual.
If I am tempted to get overwhelmed with any of these details, I think of my friend Jenny, who has 13 children, some of them biological and some of them adopted, lots of them with one special need or another, and she just found out she is pregnant with #14. She is truly amazing. She is calm and serene and relies on God for her strength. She recently shared in her blog posts that she used to feel overwhelmed with life, but that it's a choice and she now chooses not to. I like that. I think I'll make that choice too!
4 comments:
you guys are amazing parents. glad esias is getting the help he needs.
Your friend sounds like an amazing woman with very sound advice!! :) Continuing to pray for you and for Esias!!!!!
Wow 14. Amazing! I am glad you are getting the help. Ours is called Early On in MI. Very good program!
i use to read her blog too- love that lady. and she has time to write a blog and home school etc etc. what?!
Post a Comment