So we're home and we're getting settled with this tube feed situation. The very good news is that since starting the tube feeds yesterday, Esias has not coughed or gagged on his food at all. That is awesome. We've never seen him do that! We are just now doing the first tube feeding at home. It took us a little longer than it did the nurses but we got it. And we figured a way to keep him still while it pumps- it's doing 120ml over the course of an hour. We held him for a while (the pump is portable) and then we put him in the highchair and hung the pump behind him. While we eat, we are going to give him tastes of things, not really enough to chew but just enough to experience mealtimes with us.
I am happy to say that I placed the line that is in his nose right now! We had to learn before we left, so I went for it. They said I did a good job. He didn't like it, but it has stayed in so far! He has a feed right now then another 40ml/hr for 10 hours over night, so that is a slow feed. Should help with the reflux/aspiration.
3 comments:
So proud of you and Esias! We're continuing to pray for you. I'll try to call tomorrow. Love you guys.
I hope your night went well! Great job!!!!
That is awesome, shadley...I was so stressed about putting the ng tube in. Way to go, chica!! =) You're such a rock-star mom.
Post a Comment