


Zias in the hospital, Day two of his feeding tube.
I intended to write a post on non-feeding-tube things today, but I can't get this off my mind. Esias is just as sad as sad can be about not getting to eat through his mouth! Tonight, he conned me into picking him up only so he could reach behind me and grab two chocolate chip cookies and stuff them into his mouth before we knew what hat hit us. Poor little dude was pretty angry when we took those yummies away. So far, he is getting all his liquids in the tube and we've given him small amounts of purees to keep him interested in oral feedings. This is proving to be one of the toughest things I have had to deal with with my kids. It's just an instinct to want to feed your child. His little sad eyes pierce my heart! I know exactly what he's saying to me! He's so confused and mad. I found the pacifier today and he sucked it like he's never sucked before. I am going to call the doctor tomorrow and see if we can adjust the caloric intake. Perhaps he's just not satisfied? I don't know. I'm grasping at straws here. It's really hard for my logical side (don't laugh dad!) to convince my emotional side that we're doing the right thing here!
5 comments:
Oh Shadley... he does look sad, doesn't he. And at his age there's just no way for him to understand. :( Praying things get easier!
Those big, pleading eyes would break my heart! Wish I was there to give you a great big hug. Love you.
You are such a miracle for that boy! I just can't imagine how your heartstrings are breaking. A friend of mine blogged today about the walking miracles in her life and I just kept thinking of you. You might want to check it out. http://kayshostak.blogspot.com/2009/11/walking-miracles.html
Shadley- I am so sorry. I can't imagine how hard that would be. His big brown eyes do look so sad! I'll be praying for you! You are so great with your kids and I know will find ways to "fill him up" with encouragement, love, and affection that doesn't have anything to do with food. Hang in there! Love you!
Oh Shadley, praying for you. That would be so hard!! Poor little guy, it's so hard when they don't understand. :(
Post a Comment