A week before his surgery, Esias was cutting teeth like a bad mama jama. His top gums were so red and swollen, I found myself wishing he would just bonk himself on something to get that darn tooth to come through! Well, be careful what you wish for...
We were at Darin and Katy's and Esias (who is normally proficient at going up and down from holding the ledge of the coffee table) misjudged where he was and hit his chin on the table...thus breaking through the gum tissue and starting a major blood bath. His gums were bleeding and his tongue had a puncture wound. We scurried around trying to get him over the sink (K and D have NEW carpet!). Esias was actually pretty ok, though he cried for a while, he did eventually calm down and then was just not wanting to be held or cuddled--even though he was bleeding like crazy! That is shown in the above pics. Poor kid. Good thing tongues heal quickly. Two days later he had no signs of the tongue wound and a shiny new tooth!



2 comments:
Ewwwww! Poor little guy! Glad the new tooth has finally arrived though! :)
I heard somewhere that the tongue is the only tissue that does not scar.
I just love it when I can pull out a useless, unverifiable piece of trivia!
Post a Comment