I am thrilled to report, and I mean thrilled, that we found a way to give Esias his Prilosec without a fight! A talked to a friend of mine Erin, whose hubs is a ENT at the U and he said we could mix it with sugar- so we tried this and it worked like a charm! We still have to give it to him in a bottle, but we just put the sugary med in it and nothing else, then distract him so we can wait the full 20 min before his feeding. I think this is gonna work! He didn't even cry once!
Also, after scouting both Walmart and Target, I made my way to Kmart today and found the criss cross cut nipple (Evenflo classic Fast Flow 6mo+). Esias gulped it down a little fast, but it worked! Yay! Finally a bottle worked!!!
4 comments:
Yea!!! I am so happy, I know that feels wonderful when you finally find something that works!! I hated giving Jack his meds and the daily battle it always was!! I'm excited about the bottle that works, praise God. Keep me posted on his progress~
YEAH! So glad! E
HURRAY!!!!!!!
the first year of Max's life we gave him prevacid once a day. it was a solutab that we'd drop into a syringe, then suck up water and shake so it dissolved. The thing is, it would turn into tiny round granules - that never dissolve any further, so the challenge was to get all the granules back out of the syringe. sometimes he'd drink all the water, but the granules would still be stuck in the syringe, so we'd have to go several rounds of water. since we started when he was 6-8 weeks, he never had an opinion about it, it was normal, and he took it just fine until he turned one and we stopped doing it. since esias is so much older, i'm sure its much more challenging to start this new routine. i'm glad you discovered the sugar trick - i hope it keeps working!
Post a Comment