Ok, so it has been brought to my attention (by Kim and Angela, thanks ladies!) that many babies are NOT actually saying words by 14 months as I posted previously. I guess there is a much great spectrum of normal verbal development than I was aware of! We must have early talkers, as Eden spoke in sentences around 17 months and Elly was about 15-16 months. My dad will tell the story that I was singing an entire song at 13 months. Not that it necessarily makes me a genius, but I'm just sayin'. :)
Anyhoo, I found this great site that allows you to browse signs and find the ones that work for you and your babe. We were just giving E-man a bath and I quickly looked up the sign for "bath" so that we could sign it with him. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.
2 comments:
Your last sentence cracks me up! That is what my little 6 year old who comes to my 4th grade math class says when he has an easy problem :)
It took me a while to realize Elizabeth was signing as she couldn't do them all exactly right. I almost gave up! It does help so much with frustration! And they get SO excited when we understand them and learn it works!!
Ok, I need to do this with Dawit. Can you post a video of you guys signing? That would help teach me. Haha!
Post a Comment