Most of the time when I post here about Eden, it is because she has said something hilarious. But she also has a very sensitive, emotional, and highly intuitive side. In the car today Eden had talked alot about Esias' throat issue and asked me to tell her if "he passes away." Then Esias bit his tongue badly and bled quite a bit. Eden is a little squirmish about blood anyway, and then Esias started choking on his bottle (which he does normally)and that upset her as well. I could tell she was worried so I snuggled her in (while sopping up the blood from E's tongue with my shirt!) and asked her if she was worried about her brother. I told her that I understand her worrying because I do it too, but that if she worries she can tell God she is worried and tell Him that she knows He is in control and that she is ok with what He chooses to do. She said, "I know that God is in control, but sometimes I don't like what he chooses to do. Even though I know that when He chooses it it is because it will make us happier. Like when He took Jaren to heaven, maybe He was like, 'this baby is gonna be really sick, so I don't think I should give him to his mom and dad because they would be very worried' so He just took him to heaven right then. And then He decided to give you a new baby who wouldn't die but would have some problems to deal with." I am amazed at how much she understands at 6 years old. It also humbles me and makes me realize that she is soaking in all my emotions. She amazes me daily.
06 September 2009
A Conversation with Eden Lily
Most of the time when I post here about Eden, it is because she has said something hilarious. But she also has a very sensitive, emotional, and highly intuitive side. In the car today Eden had talked alot about Esias' throat issue and asked me to tell her if "he passes away." Then Esias bit his tongue badly and bled quite a bit. Eden is a little squirmish about blood anyway, and then Esias started choking on his bottle (which he does normally)and that upset her as well. I could tell she was worried so I snuggled her in (while sopping up the blood from E's tongue with my shirt!) and asked her if she was worried about her brother. I told her that I understand her worrying because I do it too, but that if she worries she can tell God she is worried and tell Him that she knows He is in control and that she is ok with what He chooses to do. She said, "I know that God is in control, but sometimes I don't like what he chooses to do. Even though I know that when He chooses it it is because it will make us happier. Like when He took Jaren to heaven, maybe He was like, 'this baby is gonna be really sick, so I don't think I should give him to his mom and dad because they would be very worried' so He just took him to heaven right then. And then He decided to give you a new baby who wouldn't die but would have some problems to deal with." I am amazed at how much she understands at 6 years old. It also humbles me and makes me realize that she is soaking in all my emotions. She amazes me daily.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a precious heart she has. Thank you so much for the note, Shadley. So sweet of you...I WILL call you this week to check in. love to you all!
Post a Comment