24 December 2008

A Very Grimey Christmas...

The Eve of Christmas Eve...

Eden and Elly opened a couple of movies the night before (Barbie and the Christmas Carol and Barbie and the Diamond Castle).



Christmas Eve morning...

We celebrated our Christmas as a family of four (for the last time!) this morning. The kids were hyper...Eden awoke at 3:30am and came in our room...Elly woke up with her grouchy pants on so she kept telling me she "didn't want any presents!" Turns out she just need to go potty...anywho, the gifts were pretty scarce, but they did not seem to care one bit. Dan and I both agreed we'd rather not set a precedent for gifts, so we're trying to keep it smallish. It is hard for me, I love giving gifts and really trying to find what fits our kids' personalities. But ultimately we want them to focus on Christ at CHRISTmas, and not their own wants (or mine!). It was sweet to watch them open gifts. They opened one and then got excited to give Dan his gift...a travel guide for Ethiopia, Eritrea and Djibouti by Lonely Planet. They abandoned their own stack to watch him open it. So cute. Then Elly handed me my gift from the girls and dad, and she said, "Mommy, I am NOT suppose to tell you there are slippers in this box!" Priceless.


Elly got a cute little horse stable with tiny figurines and a little red wagon to carry her special things in.


Love the sleepy-eyed Christmas pics.

Then...the hamster was a complete success!! The video pretty much says it all. We wrapped a hamster ball for Eden to open with her gifts, then Santa's letter said there was another gift in the toy room for her. We went downstairs, and this is what happened...




She named "her" (we think its a her) Pipa. So far, she's been a good little addition to the family. Right now, Pipa is having a ball rolling all around the kitchen floor in her little ball!

2 comments:

Lori said...

It looks like you had a fun Christmas. I love the hamster video, too cute!

I can't wait to hear your news, hopefully soon!!!

THE BROWN BOYS said...

I showed Sam the hamster video last night and then this morning, totally random, Sam says from the backseat, "I didn't know people could get real, live animals!" When I asked him what he was talking about he explained, "You know, those girls on the computer, they got a real live animal for Christmas! I didn't know people could get real animals!" It was almost like he was insinuating he'd somehow been cheated by what he didn't know. We didn't even go there. Thought it was so funny he'd evidently been thinking about that one awhile!