08 December 2008

Christmas Gift Dilemma

Ok, so Eden is, well, let's just say "creative" and it is hard to figure out a gift for her. We already got the kids a joint gift (new car DVD player since they fried their other one...and let's face it, this is really a gift for Dan and me...four hour car trips to grandmas are just not good when you can't hear yourself think). Anyway, so we wanted just one or two smallish things they can open for Christmas day. Elly was easy...we got her a little red wagon to pull her babies in and a small horse barn with a little girl and little teeny horses, etc. Perfect. Eden, on the other hand, not so easy. She loves to build things, she loves reading, she loves art and crafts. But we just could not find anything that seemed to fit. The last three gifts we have gotten her have completely bombed. Seriously. So now I am gun shy to get her anything else. To those of you who know her, what am I missing? What should I do for my precious firstborn?

3 comments:

Rachel Bardwell said...

I always see those kid jewelry making kits and think they look so fun (with supplies to make bracelets, etc.). I'm not sure if she would be old enough for that though. ..

One year old boys are fun (and easy) to buy for, I'm finding.

Andrea G. said...

While I was waiting for my pictures to download on snapfish I was looking for Christmas ideas... some creative ones I came across was design your own converse sneakers, create your own blanket and quilts, camcorder for kids, my giant busy box, screen printing and image kits... just to name a few! One site I found a lot was http://www.gifts.com/recipients/child/creative-artistic/ohr12a92icp

THE BROWN BOYS said...

I was cyber browsing this morning (got any ideas for my 9yr old?) and came across this thing called "Illustory" on amazon. Don't know if you can get it in retail stores or not. you write and illustrate your own story on these special pages and send it in and they send you back a harbound copy of your very own book. There's even a spot for the author's biography. it's 19.95 I think. I thought of Eden when I saw it. Will would think it smelled too much of homework, but I thought it was a neat idea.