30 December 2008

Ok, Shadley is done with her little tantrum.

Sorry people. I have had a bad attitude. I am better now.

Romans 5:1-4

"Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us. "

Here are the lemons:
1. Some of the clothes we bought for Jaren were going to work for Esias, but probably won't now. Dangit.

2. Esias will be 8 months old when we get him (though this is still young for international adoptions, we heard about him when he was 3.5 months old).

3. We have two more months without a son and he has two more months without parents.

Here are the ways I am turning them into lemonade:
1. Now I have more time to eat better, get some more sleep, and keep up my exercising.

2. I have two more months to spend focused on Eden and Elly.

3. Dan and I have more time to pray for Esias (which I confess, I have not been doing as I should be).

4. We won't be traveling through DC during the inauguration, which would have been CRAY-ZAY though cool.

5. We won't be in Ethiopia over their holiday (Christmas is January 7th there) and more tickets should be available.

6. Esias won't come home in full-fledged cold and flu season...and it might be a little warmer. The poor guy lives near the equator now, it would be a huge slap in the face on the way from the airport to the car! This will give him some time to work up to the -20 degree Iowa winters.

7. We have some time to save some more money and apply for more grants.

8. When we finally get him, he will be ours forever, and no one will make us wait ever again!!

1 comment:

knielsen said...

I love you even when you through tantrums and also am inspired by your very biblical perspective on life and circumstances. The "lemonade" will become sweeter and more evident as you bring Esias home and see the blessings God brings your family. Thank you for your example of preaching hope and thankfulness to yourself (and the rest of us) even in the midst of incredible trials! I'm also glad your girls are so creative and funny to bring laughter and craziness into your home (as if you and Dan weren't enough) :). Can't wait until we get to bring our silly kids together again (at that time they'll total 7 of them!)

Love you,
Kim