10 December 2008

If Everthing's Quiet, Go Find Brynn, uh, I Mean, Elly!

My mom used to say, "Everything's quiet. Where's Brynnie?" when we were growing up. Sorry Brynn, I know how you hate to be compared to our children but seriously today was one of those moments. Elly has strep throat so I thought I was being nice and let her watch Over the Hedge (thanks Kate) this morning while I printed Christmas letters, read a book, and then took a shower. She took a banana and some O.J. in a sippy cup downstairs with her to watch the movie. Usually drinks and food downstairs are a no-no, but since she was sick, I let her do it. Now, before I took my shower everything looked fine. I took the banana peel and threw it away and she was zoned out at the TV. All was quiet through the shower. When I got out of the shower, however, she looked like she had been the one standing under water! Her hair was soaked! Upon closer observation, I also saw pulp in it! Needless to say, she was in trouble. Strep or no strep, you don't dump OJ in your hair! I was not a happy camper. She was disciplined and told to wait for me upstairs. So here I am (try not to get a visual) down on hands and knees, in a towel, cleaning OJ from the carpet and fuming mad. I came up to her on her time out chair and she is just so very sad and sobbing. Of course there is no good reason that she has for dumping the juice on her head. She proceeded to cry throughout our talk, through the bath and subsequent removal of pulp from her hair, through getting dressed, and now as I type. She is not in a very nice mood at all. Right now she is crying because, "I love pop." Oh boy. I hope this Amox. kicks in soon...

2 comments:

Rachel Bardwell said...

My love for pop has sometimes brought me to tears, too. If it's any consolation, the misery in your home is putting me in a better mood. Sorry.

Also, club soda is a good stain remover and safe for carpets. Even after it has gone flat you can use it. FYI- if there is a repeat OJ incident :)

gregandmindy3 said...

Shadley thanks so much for posting about africa. I bought a shirt for my dad for his birthday and was hit by how happy those people were. Hope all is well. Maybe we could get together over chritmas break.