Thanks for all the well-wishes. I am feeling much, much better.
We were in Clarinda from Tuesday to Sunday night, and there's nothing like good old fashioned cooking to perk anyone right up. In Stanton style, we had a wild time and even roasted an ENTIRE pig...in a HOLE...in the GROUND. That's right. They dug a hole, started a fire, and put a pig in it. It was interesting. Eden story boarded it- I will have to scan that baby in. Let't just say that Nia, Eden, and Elly have now lost their innocence when it comes to where meat comes from. Ick.
In other news...Eden lost her second tooth tonight! We were at the mall at 5pm after errands and I was letting them run off some steam in the play area- lo and behold, Elly's shirt stuck onto Eden's loose tooth as they rode down the veggie slide and POP! Out it came. Much easier than last time!!
This week has already started in a flurry, as I am counting down the days til our COURT DATE!!!!!! TWENTY TWO!!! Yippppeee.
As an aside...Eden found a board in the storage room and got a magic marker and wrote "CAT" on it and set it by the cat food bowl. She is some kid. She is reading like a crazy person! Today she stood over my shoulder and read my emails. Gone are the days of privacy! I'm very proud of her though. She's very bright :) And I am not just saying that because I'm her mother :)
3 comments:
Shadley, I am glad you are feeling better. I have been to Funky Town and it isn't fun. Wow, your court date is coming up fast even though it might not always feel that way! Oh, baby boy, let's get you home early next year!
Shadley,
Gee I am counting down to C-day also. We have a Santa Claus board hanging up with the number of days. Each day my dd changes the count down! I feel like November flew by and I am hoping that December does also.
22 days!!!! :D How incredible... it'll be here before you know it. I'm praying that somehow you guys find out on Christmas Eve and don't have to wait until after Christmas to hear word.
And way to go Eden! My older sister was like that; reading the "Reader's Digest" in first grade like there was no tomorrow!
Post a Comment