08 December 2008

Christmas Time at the Grimes Home...





It's taken me forever to get these pics up. We actually put our tree up a week ago, but I have not been doing my blogger duties...sorry! The kids were VERY excited to help with the tree this year, Elly and Eden dug through the ornament box with such furor that I wondered if any of the ornaments would make it out! Fortunately, they did, and we have a wonderfully cheery tree! We also hung an old art installation that I had made for our church one Easter (it is a huge cross cutout). We hung it in our front window and I really like it. It serves to remind us of the true meaning of this time! We outlined it in white lights so you can really see it from the street.

Looking at these pics of the girls just makes me want to check my own parenting and make sure that I am "here" and "now" with them every day...I find myself wandering to the future alot...wishing for January to come, but these two beauties are here with us now and need us. So, Lord, help me not to rush them into the next couple of months, but let me soak up and savor every moment with my two incredible daughters!

1 comment:

Jenna said...

The cross light looks *fabulous* from the street, by the way.