11 May 2008

Dead Pan Dan

Many people think that I am the reason for Eden's precociousness. I would like to make the case that it is actually Dan. He talks to the kids like they are adults. Tonight Dan was reading the girls' bedtime stories and one was about Elmo getting an ice cream sundae. In the book, Ernie was eating ice cream and it was dripping all over. This followed:

Dan: "Ernie is pretty messy eating that. But I think that dog is benefiting from it. It's a symbiotic relationship."

And again, reading another book:

Elly: "I like that tyoot [cute] turtle."
Dad: I know you do. Who wouldn't like that turtle? I think even Charles Manson would like that turtle."

2 comments:

HollyMarie said...

Hee hee! That is really quite funny! :D

Rachel Bardwell said...

I can't stop giggling at that one!!

Did the girls ask, "Daddy, who is Charles Manson?"