We have been hard at work this weekend redecorating our kitchen. We are extreme bargain hunters and we got a steal on a nice piece of laminate countertop at a local home store's annual "Garage Sale"--where they clearance out their leftovers and remnants.
We also stockpiled coupons and gift cards and bought paint when it was on sale- so that was almost free! The finished product looks very different from what we had...we are still putting doors and hardware on- well, I should say, Dan is...(I am sitting here by Elly's door while she falls asleep :) She is big now and thinks there are monsters! ) Anyway, I will post a before pic and then when we have it back in order, an after pic. If I do say so myself, I think we did a darn fine job!
And, we got a two year old refrigerator that was advertised on Craigs List for a great price. It took a little elbow grease and a lot of bleach (sorry environment) to clean the "bachelor" off of it, but otherwise, it was a very good deal, and I love me some water and ice in the door! Yippee. So here is the reveal- cabinet doors painted a dark taupe-y brown, new nickel satin finish handles and pulls, and a new "butter rum" countertop!
AFTER...

To Z, Kim, Rach, Kedron and Em- We did miss our old Beautiful Feet members though while we were painting our cabinets!! We thought of you often. You guys were really aggressive at painting every spot red. Seriously. It is the end of an era, the red cabinets are gone. :)
1 comment:
Funny, I was thinking, "Hey, I think I remember painting those cabinets!" You should have called us all back to help you paint this time too! I LOVE the brown. It looks SHARP!
Post a Comment