12 August 2009

The Mother I Want to Be

This spoke to my heart today, as I felt inadequate and tired. Please read it! Thanks, Abbie, for posting this!

6 comments:

Angie said...

Thanks Shadley! I needed to read that at this moment! What a wonderful post!

Jen Essington said...

Wow, that is awesome! I teared up during the paragraph about her kids having a cheering section. So great. You are blessed beyond measure.

Margaret and Cordel said...

Shadley....thank you. I needed this post today more then anything! I thank GOD for my Bethany friends!! Hugs to you!

Miss Mommy said...

So, I haven't read your link yet b/c I am also feeling inadequate and tired :), but here goes nothin'...

I think you are seriously the COOLEST mom I know. Truly. You know yourself, and you know your kids, besides the fact that you are crazy fun and witty and artistic. I would be intimidated by you, except that you are so darn likeable. :) As it is, I frequently think about you, and how glad I am to have known even a teensy tiny part of you and your mad skillz.

Erin said...

Shadley, Thanks for sharing that! It brought me to tears because so often lately I have felt that I am not adequate enough for all of my children and SO often these days, I get all these comments that can really wear on a person. Thanks for posting this and reminding me that I am the mom that God means for me to be...I am not a perfect mom, but God has chosen me to be the perfect mom for my kids. Love ya girl, E

laura b. said...

I shared the link with my sis-in-law who has 4 boys, 1 girl, and is pregnant with #5 and it was very encouraging to her. I warned her of possible tears because I may have cried a little and I only have 1 kid (with 1 on the way). Thanks for passing it on.