07 August 2009
We have a tooth situation.
Ug. I hate this loose tooth/tooth falling out/wiggling tooth phase. It's just sort of...gross. Eden's two front teeth are loose and obviously moving (because now they are pointing left and right instead of down)...but those darn teeth will not come out. We have tried wiggling them ourselves to no avail. They are just stuck in there. And to make matters worse, just like with her bottom teeth, the top PERMANENT teeth are already in behind the front baby teeth. She's like a shark with multiple rows of teeth. It seems that the permanent teeth are "holding" the baby teeth in. What's a mom to do? She refuses to eat anything hard (apples, corn on the cob) which might help the teeth along. She is scared to pull on them. Last time, I took her to the dentist to see if he would just pull the teeth but he said it's better to wait. Any ideas? How can we hasten this process along so that her permanent teeth do not suffer?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm thinking that you may just need to get Grandma Connie in there to do the job.
Actually, I have heard that messing with them makes it hurt worse and bleed more, that by just "letting it happen" you lessen the pain and blood. Naomi's bottom two front teeth are loose....I will probably be worrying the same thing soon!!!
Shadley, I think I'd take her back to the dentist now if it's been a few months since she was last seen. Maybe now he'll decide it's time to help out those permanent teeth by getting the baby ones out of the way so the permanent ones can move forward. Check out this website if you want some more insight: http://cyberdentist.blogspot.com/2006/03/permanent-teeth-coming-in-behind-baby.html
Ew loose teeth gross me out too. Unfortunately I have no tips for you, just sympathy :) She's still adorable, though!
Post a Comment