20 August 2009

Quote of the Day

"What? That's not the first time I've had a burrito in my purse."

There is a story attached to this. We went to Panchero's tonight (I can hear you gasping) and I was feeding Esias his baby food at the table while Dan and the girls stood line. He brought the food and then in a moment of parenting genius (no sarcasm, for real, no seriously...it would have been genius if it would have worked out) he told the girls to sit in the booth across from us. They started eating their split burrito and Dan ate his, while I finished feeding E and mine lay untouched beside me. The girls were eating away and I noticed that they were squabbling a little over who got to hold their shared cup of water...they kept eating...they've ate about half of the burrito, when Elly started saying, "Hot, hot hot!!" Now we looked over to see they've downed a whole cup of water and Eden went for a refill. They were both acting like their mouths were on fire. Dan got up and looked at their plates...uh oh...he had given them MY burrito (which has HOT salsa and no sour cream or anything cooling) and he had set theirs in front of me. Oops. The hot salsa is hot and especially without sour cream. My mouth usually burns after I eat it. We all laughed... I could not believe they ate as much of it as they did. Dan felt badly and got me a new burrito...which I did not finish, thus, I put the rest in my purse :)

No comments: