Wednesday will mark two months home...I can't believe it. I remember reading other adoptive families blogs after they'd returned home and saw posts titled "two months" and I remember thinking, "WOW! That went so fast." It really does! We feel like we've always had Esias here with us. He amazes us everyday.
His new skills are standing up on things and then completely letting go of whatever he was holding! Come on, kid! You were not even sitting up independently two months ago and now you're trying to walk? Give a mom a break! :) He is changing so fast. His favorite toys are still cars or trucks or anything with wheels, but he prefers not to sit and play but to crawl around finding out what his sisters are up to. He likes to destroy whatever they are doing, earning him the nickname, "Brother Monster." What keeps him happy in the carseat? Two matchbox cars- one in each hand- and he especially likes the "Rescue Rods" the Ramsey's gave him :)
The girls are doing so well with him. Eden is tremendous. She knows just what to do, she foresees dangerous situations with him, she understands his cries. Elly is doing so much better. She is not jealous of him. She does have a tendency to be too rough so we have to watch it-- it is usually in the spirit of fun, but could still be harmful to him. She just doesn't always know the consequences of her actions.
I can't believe that school starts next week! I am not ready! We still have to start getting up early and doing our "dry run" to school. We all have to be out of the house by 8:10am. I think I can do it! This year, Elly is going to preschool, so we'll start that on Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays in September. SHe is NOT excited about it. She wants to stay home with her momma. Precisely why she is going to preschool...
We did get Eden in to the dentist on the 17th, so hopefully he will just yank those teeth out-- they are seriously interfering with her talking now. She sounds like she has gum in her mouth. When we wiggle her teeth, we hear them clink on the new teeth behind. Gross. Did I mention I hate this stage???
3 comments:
Sorry for all the "trash" on your blog comments and for causing excitement that you already have so many comments. We're excited to have Elly even if she doesn't want to hang out with us yet.
Post a Comment