04 August 2009

Ato Loves His Mealtime

Esias has developed a love affair with food. Now that he knows he can put food to his own mouth, the world is his oyster...or apple. Dan was eating an apple last night and left the core on the side table. Esias took one look at it and crawled over to the table, pulled himself up, and put the apple core right into his mouth. He was quite proud of himself.


He continues to be the drooliest person I have ever met in my life.

He does not enjoy getting his shirt pulled over his head.

He loves all sorts of foods. We've given him peas, carrots, squash, pumpkin, corn, green beans, potato, spinach, prunes, bananas, raspberries, strawberries, apples, peaches, oatmeal, rice, and chicken. He likes all of it. He still drinks a 6 oz. bottle every 2.5-4 hours during the day but is consistently sleeping through the night now! Yeehaw.

The only bad trait my little boy posesses is having a terrible time lying still for diaper changes. Oh my. He is TERRIBLE. I have diapered many children between nieces and nephews and kids I have done daycare for. This child is the worst of the worst. He squirms and rolls over and cries and has an absolute fit. At first I wondered if it was something that he remembered from the orphanage (such as being left cold or wet, etc. and he has a bad memory). Not sure if that is it or not. Today he literally knocked the lamp and a stack of clothes off the changing table, so I put him on the floor to try to finish the job without worrying he would fall off. So as I sit there with poop on my hands and about everything else, he squirms away and crawls into my room with his poopy bottom. He is too quick for me. I used to put my leg over Elly's chest to keep her still but I don't feel good doing that to Esias since we're working on trust and bonding. I have used every toy I can think of and even put fun pictures on the wall next to his changing table so he has something to look at. I am at my wit's end with him!

3 comments:

HollyMarie said...

Oh my, these pics sure bring back memories... Ellie was a terribly messy eater... :) Also, she was the SAME way with diaper changes! I could never figure it out either, thankfully she eventually outgrew it, but she hated them for a good loooooong time.

Beth said...

Oh, the pictures are so fun! It is so fun to learn new things about our little ones. Levi also hated his diaper getting changed, and I do think it had something to do with bad experiences before he came home. He often complained they were too tight even though they weren't. Hm...

Miss Mommy said...

What a honey! (minus the diaper tantrums, of course!) How wonderful that diaper crazies are the worst thing he does...what a blessing that he already feels so loved by his family. Makes me grin.