21 May 2009

We're Going....We're GOING!!!

I can't believe we are going! This has been quite the process, to say the least. There were times not too long ago when I felt myself guarding my heart and telling myself that Esias might not be ours. But the Lord had other plans! Last night Dan and I sat in bed with two print outs of two different flight schedules trying to figure out which is best...long layover or trying to hustle to your connection with a baby? Overnight in DC or Dubai? It is all so surreal.

We are so blessed because a gal from Bethany Christian Services is coming with us too! That is awesome because she can capture all those moments of firsts- when they bring him out to us. He will probably take one look at me and cry, but I will LOVE it!!!

At this point it looks like we will be leaving June 4th and returning June 13. Our Embassy Appt. is June 9 and then his visa should be ready June 11. WOO HOO!!!! Then, he's ours...oh poor Baby Boy, you have no idea what a crazy family you are about to become a part of!

4 comments:

Jenna said...

I can't wait for you to meet him!!!!

Rachel Bardwell said...

I am expecting LOTS of pictures to be taken!

Margaret and Cordel said...

SO SO SO happy for you Shadley!! Your faith in God's plan and will for your family has been so wonderful to see!!!! You are bringing your son home in 3 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kate said...

It's REALLY going to HAPPEN!!! I'm so excited for you guys! :)