29 June 2008

Hi, My Name is Shadley, and I am a Stroller-aholic.

So the other day the girls and I were out and about and I flung open my trusty almost-6-year-old Graco Metrolite stroller...and I noticed the bar that connects the handle to the frame was completely broken through. UUUUGG! So now, I have to buy a new one right? ;) This is a dangerous place for me to be. One of temptation and addiction...I am a stroller-aholic.

If you know me, you know that my love affair with strollers goes back to before Eden was born...I had to have the perfect one and I was on a mission to find it. I finally came across one that was labeled "Ideal for Petite Moms" and, being under 5' I was sold! (It also had great safety features and was very easy to use- but the kicker was that it weighed only 11 pounds!) I loved that travel system (Stroller #1). Then, when I was babysitting a little boy the same age as my daughter, I purchased a Cosco double stroller (garage sale style) to be able to take walks around the neighborhood (#2). When Eden was a few months old we bought a pack-n-play at BRU and got a free umbrella stroller (#3). A nice lady from our church offered Dan an older model jogging stroller one day, so he brought it home to me (#4). Then when we found out about Elly I sold the Cosco (which didn't have an infant seat capability) and bought a Graco Euro double stroller (#5) from Once Upon A Child. This worked great until Eden got a little heavier...so I bought a double jogger (#6). I did give my Graco double away to my sister-in-law who was having a baby, and traded the old jogger to my neighbor for some yard toys. So that brings us to today...I typically use my Metrolite at the mall or when we got on short trips since it is light and easy to use. It also has the cup holders in both parent and child areas so that is a must for the Target Stroll with Diet Coke/Apple Juicebox excursions that are a solely resonsible for my sanity. And now, my precious Metrolite is broken. Even Dan can't fix it, so you know it's bad.

I have been looking on craigslist for a replacement but I think we have settled on waiting until the baby's referral comes to see how old he or she might be. Then we can better determine if we need another travel system or if our current car seat status will work. Though I have seen this beauty and I am intrigued...

It has a seat for baby and a sit or stand riding option for tired toddlers. I like this idea! Must.....have.......stroller!!!!

1 comment:

Robin said...

That makes me feel better ... I'm on number 2 myself. The type with the ride along feature is really popular here in Europe ... it must be pretty sturdy because that is how the whole family gets around here so they use it all the time. I love them!