I was paying bills today and Elly grabbed my address labels off the table and said, "Can I have some stickers?" I said, "No, those are for my bills." I put my head down and started back into what I was doing and Elly kept asking me, "Can I give them to him? Can I give them to him? Momma, can I give them to him?" A million times...and I was not paying attention. Finally, I said, "Give them to who, honey?" And she said, "To Bill."
This afternoon we were playing in the little pool in the yard. Eden was splashing around and got water on Brianne (the little girl I watch sometimes). I looked at her sternly but didn't reprimand her. I said, "One more favor you need to do for me- since you got Brianne wet, can you go get another towel?" Then, as she turned to go off, she shot me this cute look so I said, "Eden, you're cute. You look very cute today." [she was wearing her swim suit and a pink ball cap, i mean c'mon] She looked at me and said, "That's why you didn't get after me isn't it? Because I'm cute."
During lunch, Elly was trying to tell Dan something but he couldn't figure out what it was. She said it over and over and he couldn't understand. Finally, she gave up and said frustratedly, "Oh, forget it Dad."
No comments:
Post a Comment