15 April 2008

I did it.

I stink at this. I gave in. I gave Elly a nukie. I couldn't take it. The look of sheer panic and distress on her face. It was not healthy. I will sacrifice my child's teeth for her happiness. Dentists are cheaper than psychiatrists.

3 comments:

emily said...

have you talked to my sister about this nukie thing? she's have some similar issues with Lily Margaret! It's like she lost her best friend...it's very sad.

HollyMarie said...

Oh, I dread the day that I have to take Ellie's away... right now she just uses it for nap and bedtime, but she LOVES it at that time. One day for nap I left it on the dresser and put her down and left the room (not realizing I didn't get it for her)... well I could hear her in there whining and making pitiful noises and I didn't know why she wasn't settling down. So I went in 10 minutes later and she was standing up reaching through the bars for her nuk crying "my nukie, my nukie". I apologized, got it for her and she went right to sleep.... so, yeah... I hear ya. Others have snipped the tips off of their kids' nukies and still let them have them. But the kids decide they don't want them that way and it solves it. I may have to try that at some point.

Laura said...

Oh, I've been close, too.