14 April 2008

Nukie Progress

Elly has been slowly progressing with the nukie weaning. Dan took most of them away when I was in Albuquerque so when I got home, she only had one left. Today she decided she wanted to send the last one away to the babies that need them! We decorated an envelope and put it in the mailbox (where Daddy retrieved it over his lunch break) and we are all set to go to Chuck E. Cheese's tonight to reinforce her Big Girl decision! I will have to post the cutest video of her giving it one last suck and putting it in the envelope.

The other day, she was upset about something and said, "I need my nukie!" Knowing we were trying to contain the nuk for bedtime only I said, "Let's think of something that would make us feel better." Elly said, "My nukie!" and I said, "But what else would make us feel better?" and Elly replied, "My other nukies!"

No comments: