Things are getting crazy 'round here, but I wanted to make a quick note while I had a minute. Yesterday we had Eden's back-to-school night at her brand new school! What's even better is that it's across the street from us, so she will be able to walk with the other kids on our block. For a while, I am sure I will fret about it and walk there to get her, but she'll tell me to get outta there :) She starts second grade tomorrow!
This week I also started back doing daycare. I will have two two-year olds (one mine) and two four-year olds (one mine- soon to be 5), four days a week for 6-8 hrs a day. This will definitely help with me having a little income.
Elly's birthday is coming up in two weeks and she is all atwitter and making many lists and suggestions for her birthday gifts! We have changed our minds again and decided we are going homeschool her this year. I had such a hard time deciding, obviously since I changed my mind three times. We are going to do a kindergarten curriculum and enroll her in some recreation programs to get her involved with other kids (read: keep her off of momma's lap!).
Esias is doing great. The feeding is still very messy (orally) but he is making progress. He is starting to sometimes crunch down on the side of his mouth. Especially if I put a goldfish right in the right spot, he will crunch down on it. We have stopped the overnight feeds (YAY) and are actually sending the pump and supplies back to Home Health Care this week! That's a great step. The tube will be left in probably for a few months to make sure he keeps his weight up and over the cold and flu season, but this is good news. We feel a level of normalcy at our house that is amazing! Even though when I see another two year old, I can tell that Esias' eating and speaking are seriously "behind" I know that he is on his own timetable and he is doing awesome given what he's been through. This is the way he was made, created by the Creator who also made the stars, and that Guy made him just the way He wanted him! And to top it off, God chose us to parent him, so what do I have to worry about? If God wants me doing this job, then I can do it. And my oh my, how this child has my heart. Not sure if he will ever be disciplined. We're in big trouble :)
Speaking of speaking, he is making word-like noises...like today, he came upstairs and signed "milk" to me, which he basically uses for "drink" so I said, "How about some water?" He watched me fill his sippy with water and proceeded to flop himself onto the floor all two-year-old-like. I told him, "Don't have a fit, just sign. Sign 'no water' 'milk please momma'." And he shook his head and said, "ahh ahh." Like wat-er. Precious.
He now signs more things too- like cold and hot. Every time we get into the van (in these August temps) he signs "hot" to me. And he's so proud of his signing!
2 comments:
I forget that here in Michigan we are weirdos that don't start school until after Labor Day!
Way to go Esias! That's so great that he is using more and more signs. The talking will come when he's ready.. what a blessing he is!
Shadley, I so loved what you said about Esias being God's child and that HE created him exactly the way he is....I know as moms we are always comparing to other kids that are the same age, yadda yadda...I so appreciate you keeping perspective for all of us. I will find myself with Isaac too just comparing his size and I can make myself so frustrated by it all...SO THANK YOU for the gentle reminder that he is part of God's perfect plan and is exactly what God intends him to be.
Post a Comment