Dan is going back to Ethiopia in September on a Vision Trip to see how our church can partner more permanently with Yezelalem Minch. We have been communicating with Birtukan (our gracious hostess in Addis as well as the visionary for YZM) and she gave us this list of needs. If any of you want to join us in collecting this material, please let me know! Here's the list:
2 Oral Thermometers and 500 refill covers
600 quart-size ziploc baggies
500 bandaides (any brand, assorted sizes preferred)
600 antibiotic/bacitracin ointment packets (www.amazon.com)
650 gauze pads (any brand, assorted sizes preferred)
600 individually wrapped alcohol wipes
300 toothbrushes (any brand, small head with soft bristles preferred)
100 travel size tubes of toothpaste
40 people to donate $18 for feminine products*
1 blood pressure cuff
Many people offer clothing donations, which are great, but some of these "consumables" are more needed and more difficult to get in Ethiopia. Shoes are always welcome though!
(Some of these may already be done, as they had an announcement at church the past two weeks. But the more the merrier, in my opinion!)
*It makes more sense to buy these in-country because they cost a lot less. A month's worth of supplies for one girl would cost less than $2 in Addis Ababa.
5 comments:
Hey! I get flex credit money from my job that I can use on medical supplies. And I have way more money to spend than I would ever need so I would love to be able to help! I can get the oral thermometers and blood pressure cuff. I can also get some bandaids, gauze pads and alcohol wipes. When do you need them by? How can I get them to you?
Jonna Eiffert
Also, are there specific kinds of thermometers and blood pressure cuffs that are needed? There are just so many kinds... I don't want to get the wrong kind :)
Hi! Not sure if you remember me- ANnie's sis in law that lives in AFrica but just checkin in on yoru adorable family- thought of you all since we just started the adoption process here in Tz,- exciting that you will be heading back to "our side" of teh world- if you are ever in TZ you are welcome at our place!!! your kids=adorable!
THANKS JONNA! I think the oral thermometers are just the ones you can use the plastic covers with so they can be used with multiple children. Also the blood pressure cuff - not sure but one that can be used on children but not babies would be great!
Roxanne- I TOTALLY remember you! I checked out your blog and oh my my those precious faces. Congrats on the adoption progress!
Post a Comment