18 February 2010

Ode to Thigh Rolls





I didn't know it was possible for me to get choked up about thigh rolls. Not mine, dear reader. The preciously plump rolls of my son.

Obviously, the above pics were taken in Ethiopia in June '09. Esias weighed 14lbs. The photos below were taken last night. He weighs 25 whopping pounds! I can hardly believe it. I can hardly believe we have him, after all that time we waited and thought we would never hold him. Then getting to him and realizing he was sick...so sick...and wondering if the first day with him would be our only day with him. And now to look at him, he is sooo healthy and wonderful. I just feel so humbled and grateful to God.

Sometimes, Dan and I will be watching TV after the girls are in bed, and for some reason Esias is not ready for bed yet, so he's up wandering around. And I am just struck by the craziness of it all, and I have been known to say, "Hon, I can't believe we went all the way to Africa to get him and now he's watching TV with us."




Plumpilicious!

13 comments:

emily said...

I cannot even handle this. OH my goodness. LOVE LOVE LOVE me some little black rolls!

codi said...

Love it! Praise God, indeed!

HollyMarie said...

So sweet... amazing! :)

Unknown said...

Yeah!!!! Loving the rolls... so amazing to see how far he has come in such a short time. Miss you guys!

Rachel Bardwell said...

My almost 2.5 year old only weighs 25 lbs. Esias could totally take him.

Rachel Bardwell said...

I take that back, he is actually 2 1/2. Not almost. And at the doctor last week, his weight was techically 24.8 lbs. Even more pathetic. Esias could SO take him.

Shadley said...

Yeah I know Rach! Try a feeding tube, works like a charm.

The LaHuis Family said...

LOVE IT! Love to see the rolls. All babies should have them! :)

Tina Marie said...

AWESOMESAUCE!!

The growth is not just from the tube. He feels loved and nurtured, and kids who know they are loved grow!!

Lori Inman said...

Love those rolls! He has come a long wonderful way!

Trish and Chris Higgins said...

That is so great:) Liv weighs 27.5lbs, so they are pretty right on, he's defenetly passed lit bit Layla though, I think she's like 23lbs! Love the rolls!!!!

Erin said...

LOVE the rolls!

THE BROWN BOYS said...

Rolls are the best. God knew what he was doing when he gave babies rolls.