21 September 2008
Yuck.
Today, we (Dan, the kids, and me) stayed home from church because Elly and I have a lovely, lovely virus. Actually, Elly was in the ER last night for a breathing treatment and a steroid shot. We like to start the cold and flu season off with a bang! She is doing much better with the steroid now. Last night she was really struggling to breathe and had her characteristic croup-y cough that she fights every times she gets an URI. We tried the hot steamy bathroom thing twice to no avail, so we finally decided Dan had better take her in. Anyway, we have filled her script for some oral prednisolone and she should be on the mend soon. Eden had this same virus but just didn't struggle with breathing like our little asthmatic does :) I am feeling like microwaved death (that's for Brynn) but you know I'm tough and I can take it! The worst part is that I am blowing my nose ring out (you were right, Mom :). Last night I stuffed wads of toilet paper in my nose so I wouldn't have to keep getting up and blowing it...I was hacking and sneezing and coughing all over...it's times like those that I am glad Dan and I are very comfortable in our marriage! Let's just say it wasn't pretty. Today he bought me some of the real deal sudafed stuff (the kind you have to get behind the counter) and a giant Route 44 Sonic Diet Coke with Vanilla. Just what the doctor ordered. He's my sweetie.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We'll be praying for healing at the Grimes and goodnight sleeps!
SPECIAL DRINKS!!!!! hope you are feeling better!
Post a Comment