17 September 2008

Clothcapades, Part 2




Today I went bargain-hunting again and scored these cuteriffic AIOs (all-in-ones)! They are basically just like disposable diapers, in that you just stick the baby in and velcro it on, though of course, they are NOT disposable. I bought them used from a gal in IC who CDs her 14 month old son. I scored a sage and brown Chunky Monkey custom diaper (heavy wetter style- good for overnight), and two Drybees all-in-ones. They are in VERY good condition and have been well cared for. The gal was sweet enough to show me her "stash" and train me a little about CD. All the cloth families I have talked to have been extremely helpful in showing me the ropes! It's a really neat community.

All-in-ones are a bit pricier, so these cost me $10 a pop. That brings the running total to....

$80 Total spent on CD

2 comments:

Rachel Bardwell said...

My cloth diapering friends like Fuzzi Bunz and Bum Genius the best. I do think they are the "top of the line" (ie expensive) but they've bought the one size fits all so they can use them for many years. My friend Jill recommends not to buy too many of one brand until you figure out what works for your particular baby, as one brand may work great on one child but not work on another.

Rachel Bardwell said...

Oh - also - my friend Jill bought some Fuzzi Bunz on ebay - they were knockoffs and didn't work at all. So beware of Ebay!!