05 January 2008

Fatherhood, Dan-Style

Dan has a unique way of relating to the girls...he mostly is just himself, complete with euphemisms and sarcasm that is way over their head, but hilarious to the grown-up observer. Just now, he was reading to them "The Eye Book" and asked them if they wanted it in "regular" or "Jesse Jackson voice." They chose the Reverend.

(I've also heard him use the Al Pacino from Scent of a Woman voice)

My dad once called Dan "the dad that everyone wishes they had." That seems about right to me.

3 comments:

Rachel Bardwell said...

I'm glad to see he's gone so political with the girls :)

Laura said...

awesome...you are truly blessed. Joe also has a growing arsenol of voices that he pulls out on special occassions.

emily said...

in response to Laura...I guess talking to me on the phone is always a special occasion because the plethora of voices come out every time I talk to him!! Dan is such a great dad!! Those voices are great!!