Before Kids
Age 20-24
Diet- elaborately prepared meals and nights out on the town
Exercise- Long walks, going to the fitness center and spending 10 minutes on a machine, doing a couple of crunches at night and calling it good.
After One Child
Age 24-27
Diet- elaborately prepared healthy meals incorporating vegetables and having to eat them myself in order to be a good role model for my child
Exercise- Getting up an hour before my tot to work out in my basement 3 times a week
After Two Children
Presently
Diet- desperately attempting to make some semblance of a healthy meal each night, or let's be honest here, leaving it up to Pizza Ranch where at least there are carrots sticks and cottage cheese. Elder child sniffs out my inconsistencies as they are given carrots and cottage cheese, while I consume whatever I want since all I had to eat all day was the crusts of two peanut butter sandwiches and three M&M's I found under the couch.
Exercise- parking the kids in front of the TV while I try to keep up with a video that requires moving and getting up and down off of the floor without injuring myself; and having abandoned Sesame Street to see what Momma is up to, one child wanders in and sits on me while I attempt crunches and the other child outperforms me in all the advanced techniques.
;)
No comments:
Post a Comment