18 May 2010

The Happy Couple.

Elly (4.5) and Marcus (almost 3.5) with Elly's baby Obadiah.

So we have this problem. Marcus loves Elly and and Elly loves Marcus. Almost everytime they are together, they talk about getting married. It is adorable. I think Brynn and Will and Dan and I have separately had conversations with each of them about how it's great they love each other but that they will marry someone who is not related to them when the time comes! Today, they were talking about it again and this is how the conversation went:

Marcus and Elly, swinging.

Marcus: Elly, I can marry you.
Elly: No you can't Marcus, because I have to marry someone I don't know!
[Marcus gets sad]
Me: Elly it's not that you can't marry him because you know him, it's because you are cousins. But Marcus, you can still love each other and be best friends.
Marcus: But I want to marry her!
Me: Well, it's ok to marry her when you are a little boy. But when you grow up, then you'll have to marry someone you aren't related to.
Marcus: But I can't stop growing! I was a baby and now I am big!

3 comments:

Brynn said...

We will have to talk about this again...lol. Maybe he's confused about what marriage is. OR he thinks that the person you fight with most is who you have to marry!! LOL!!! Maybe it's that one.

codi said...

That is seriously precious.

Lori said...

How cute! I wanted to marry my cousin when I was little. We even had little ceremonies and everything.... don't worry she will grow out of it!