One of my family's favorite things is Cookie Day...it's not a regularly occurring event, just any old day I want to make cookies...but a crowd pleaser, nonetheless. After our adoption party we had lots of M&Ms leftover, so I made Monster Cookies. Oh, these are the best of the best according to my Beloved Husband. He requests them often and when I do make them, he shoves several in a ziplock and indulges at work as well as at home. This is one of the only things that Dan will eat even when he is full. The other is grandma Dorothy's pot roast. Not mine, just hers.
Anyway, when I bake cookies, I get nostalgic. My kids love to help, so I usually wait til they are up and let them stir or crack eggs alongside me, just as my mom did. I remember one day waking up to Brynn standing on a chair with her Ghost Busters t-shirt and green shorts on, her long hair all gnarly from sleep, stirring cookie dough in the early morning. My mom likes to cook right away when she wakes up...she is crazy like that. She also did the Pancake Dance early in the morning. And the 20 Minute Workout...getting sidetracked here...she used to watch lots of kids in her home so she made cookies and other treats for snack time. Once, she even made a PacMan cookie with yellow icing and a chocolate chip eye! It was all the rage. Remember, this was the 80's. Think Slap Bracelets, right Brynnie?
2 comments:
80's + slap bracelets + Ghostbuster's t-shirt = AWESOME!
oh ya! and my bracelet that i just loved was hot pink w/zebra stripes and it got taken away at Sernets! I was slapping you with it, remember? Right by the t-shirt printers. ;) oh the days...
Post a Comment