18 July 2008

"Everything is changing since we got bonkin' beds and Momma got her earring in her nose."

That was Eden's dramatic statement to the dental hygenist this week. She is too funny.
Here are the pictures of the blessed event, me getting my nose bling!


When I first sat back, the guy just tried to get right to it, so I stopped him and asked for a quick briefing! I like to know what to expect! Emily wasn't sure it was a good idea...I am sure she thought I was going to chicken out. So after he explained the process to me (and showed me the "needle" that looked exactly like a nail!!!), he inserted a small tongue-depressor like thing with a pad on the end into my nose...

and then the needle went into the outer part...ouch that hurt a little...

not sure what this part is, I was getting really hot and closing my eyes tightly!!

So afterward, he cleans out my nose for a REALLY long time and I think he enjoyed it because he continued to do it forever!! I had to ask him to stop!! He was great though.

Here's the new nose! And I am happy to report that after a week, there is no pain and no sign of problems. Other than having what I am lovingly calling a "booger dam," I am happy I got it!

6 comments:

emily said...

YES!!! Way to go sista!! I'm glad that I could be there for it! You are such a hot mama!

Laura said...

EEK! I love it! It really suits you well. I remember Emily commenting on the change in her booger situation, too. How funny!

Rachel Bardwell said...

Oh, Shadley. Emily has always been the coolest person I know but you are gaining ground sister!! :)

I mentioned your earring escapade on my blog (briefly) - hope you don't mind.

HollyMarie said...

I was wondering if a booger dam would happen.. hee hee!

Andrea G. said...

I love the new look!

Erica said...

Hott Mama! I got mine done about two years ago and its still my favorite piercing!