08 July 2008

Adoption Update

There is no update. That is the update :)

We have been waiting for 3 months and 3 weeks since our dossier reached Ethiopia, and since September of 2007 if you count the beginning of the process. So, if this were a physical pregnancy, I would be extremely grouchy, annoyed, impatient with everyone and having trouble fitting into my clothes. So, I guess they are about the same =)

Seriously though, please pray for my patience. I find myself just waiting. Not doing anything...just...waiting. I did find out today that our SW who is expecting (the physical way) is not due until Oct. so most likely she will see us through our process at least until we are home. At least that is her best estimate.

Some of you have asked about the 5K training...I am bummed to report that it is not happening. I began having back pain and pretty much got discouraged and gave up. I think I need to do a 5K Walk maybe. I have a pretty high pain tolerance and I was not liking the back pain. So I am in need of a workout tweak. I might have to go back to my trust Denise Austin tapes! Don't laugh--she's awesome!

So I am going to make a prediction here. My favorite number is 4 so I am going to say our referral will coming in the fourth month of waiting...

4 comments:

HollyMarie said...

Ahhh Shadley, I pray that your referral comes soon. I know what it's like to get so caught up in the wait that you don't do anything else! I've been there. Now I have no time to be there... I'm dashing like mad to get stuff done. ;)

Rachel Bardwell said...

Denise Austin DOES rock. I admire you for even attempting a 5K. Maybe to pass the time you could drive over for a visit some day!!

Lori said...

Waiting is so hard and I am still waiting for my I-171h, URG! I think I might lose my mind when I am actually waiting for a referral. I am praying that your referral will come quickly!!!

Beth said...

It is so true about just waiting. I am waiting for good news for you and hope it comes soon.