20 June 2010

Happy Father's Day!

To the Fathers in my life and my kids' lives, THANK YOU!

Grandpa Lee, Papa, Grandpa Dave, Great Grandpa Lloyd, Gentle Grandpa Walt...and DADDY...we love you and Happy Father's Day! Your job is not an easy one! Thanks for all you do!

Now, to single out my hubs for a second. This is how he is an amazing dad:

He wakes up in the night with the kids. Almost every single night. Because he knows lack of sleep affects my vertigo. It's sweet to me, and it's sweet time for him to nurture the kids.

He is a serious participant in household chores. There is no chore beneath him. He is the main do-er of laundry and happily sticks his hand down in the garbage disposal to retrieve sippy cup valves that I always let fall in there.

He is an encourager. He tells the girls and me that he loves us-- multiple times per day. He lifts us up. He's not a drainer, he's a filler-upper.

When he gets home from work, most days he goes immediately to his knees to greet the little ones. Then in front of them, he makes a big deal of me. He kisses me and asks me how I am. I am so glad that my kids see that every day.

He rarely complains.

He knows his kids well. Even though he can't figure out whose clothes are whose. (I'm just glad he's attempting to put away laundry!)

He enjoys the outdoors and has inspired that love in his kids.

He loves God and loves reading the Bible to the kids. Even when I laugh at him for reading things way over their heads, I know that his influence is making a difference.

He tucks the kids in at night so sweetly and can always be coerced into that last drink of water.

He convinced me that my greatest joy would be glorifying God by following a call to adopt. As you know from reading this blog, that boy brings me so. much. joy. I would have been too scared. But Dan wasn't. He was ready to jump, but only holding my hand. He waited patiently for me to accept the call as well and we took the plunge side by side. So grateful for that. I can't imagine not being the parents of Esias. He is an extraordinary gift!

He can fix anything and everything and is every bit the hero in my girls' eyes. As soon as Esias can appreciate him, I am sure he'll emulate everything Dan does as well.

Dan, we love you! I can't imagine this parenting thing with anyone else. Thanks for all you do for me and the kiddos!

2 comments:

Miss Mommy said...

I loved that. What a great tribute to your man.

codi said...

It's so wonderful how you appreciate him, too...that is another precious gift your children are blessed to see.