01 November 2008

Takin' in a Matinee with the Girls

For Eden's birthday, in lieu of a party, we had a movie day. We went to see Beverly Hills Chihuahua (I voted for HSM3 but got beat out). I took the four 5/6 year olds, and Dan took Elly to the Children's Museum. I didn't think it would be big deal until they all started running around like crazy in the theatre lobby. We soon got calmed down and were on our way to the movie with popcorn, pop, and pixie sticks in hand. We ended the day by driving through DQ! It was quite fun and I didn't have to clean up a mess in my house afterwards! Bonus. Though it was NOT the cheapest option, it was definitely FUN and required a very small amount of preplanning! Also a bonus!

(front) Kaleigh, (back) Callie W., Eden, and Lauren

Eden entertaining her friends

No birthday party is complete without tackling the birthday girl's dad (this is in Willham's yard).

And the obligatory Kindergarten Girl Pyramid.

One of the girls (Lauren) felt very comfortable with Dan! She hung onto him very tightly!

3 comments:

Andrea G. said...

You are such a fun mommy! I always wanted a movie birthday party :)

Anonymous said...

What a fun birthday idea! I'll have to keep that one in mind. And your girls are very creative. The design beautiful pumpkins! ;-)

Miss Mommy said...

That looks like so much fun and I cannot wait to treat Rebekah and her pals to a movie!!!!! I agree with Andrea, you are a super-fun mommy!