21 August 2008

This Story is Classic "Us"

Today we were getting into the van at 6pm to run errands together (classic us) and hit Panchero's (classic #2). We all piled into the van, and I said, "The cups!" If you are not a Panchy's regular, you may not know that you can bring your plastic cup back into the restaurant for a 50 cent refill. We are frugal, well, as frugal as one can be who condones eating out at least once or twice a week at the same tortilla-pressing establishment (classic #3). So, then Dan and I stared each other down to determine who would have to go back out of the van in the rain and get our reusable cups (classic #4). Dan lost. I laughed. As Dan was running inside, Eden asked, "Mom, why does Daddy always have to do everything?" I said, "He doesn't have to do everything." Eden questioned again, "But why does he always get you stuff?" Seeing a teachable moment, I said, "Honey, Daddy doesn't have to do that stuff for me, but he does it anyway. It's called--" Eden cuts in, "Serving each other. I know." I turned to her and said, "That's right!" She said, "I don't go to Christian school, but I DO know that!"

3 comments:

Andrea G. said...

You guys crack me up! Seriously! Thanks for the tip about the cup! I don't go that often, but I know Phillip does when he is at work some days! :)

THE BROWN BOYS said...

Why, oh why am I only now learning about the cups?! I'm not just frugal, I'll be the first to admit I'm cheap.

laura b. said...

Cheap it is. We eat there all the time and I didn't know about the cups either...although we usually get water. What other tips do you have for us cheapos?