Today was a big day...I registered E-Lil for Kindergarten! It wasn't terrible...I had a few moments of nausea but it's fine now :) There were even a couple of kids from her preschool there so at least she will know someone at recess. Her school is very nice, brand new and there are five "Team 1" sections (that's fancy for Kindergarten, apparently). Five sections! And that is just at this one school! I think we had three or four sections in our whole town! ;) Just FYI for any moms who are going to start their child in school in the next couple of years...apparently (at least here) they assume that you are just born knowing what to do at Kindergarten registration! I knew I had to go in there at some point this spring, though I didn't know it would be in February. I heard an announcement on AM radio one day that said Feb. 28- one day only! Like it was a monster truck rally or something. I checked out the district website and got NO HELP...so I called the school and they said call back next week (this was last week). Some nice lady (Laura McC :)) told me to bring a birth certificate for proof of age so I did know about that...but a gal that was in there when I was brought a copy of the certificate and that was NOT acceptable. Anyway so I finally got there with all my ducks in a row (paperwork, bc) the lady said, "Do you have your immunizations?" "I didn't know I needed that today!" was my reply. Well, yes, of course you do, Lady Who Has Never Had a Kid in Public School Before. What's the matter with you? Didn't you learn this through osmosis like the rest of us?` Well it wasn't quite like that, but I did feel rather confused at the fact that everyone expects us to know just what to do. Don't they know I live under a rock? ;) All that to say, she is registered and Kindergarten Round Up is the first week of April!
[Funny Kindergarten Round Up Story: My parents took me to Kindergarten roundup when I was about to turn 5 (I turned 5 in Aug). My mom saw me next to all the other kids and pulled me right outta there--they towered above me. What would become of her fragile little girl in that class full of Amazons? The next year, when I was to turn 6, she took me again. Same thing. But this year, she had to send me or the law was going to come after me!]
Anywhoo...
Eden is very nervous about Kindergarten, though I think she felt better when she saw her preschool classmate, Cameron. How ironic that Cameron would be comforting to her when he (and the other boys in her class at Preschool) was the source of the preschool anxiety! She was nervous about "wild boys" for two weeks last fall. That seems to be gone now, I think she's learned to appreciate the wild boys. Maybe tolerate is more the word. I am kind of fond of those wild boys...Cam sang a stirring rendition of Skittamarink the other day when the parents got to come watch...complete with Pavarotti vibrato!
Rambling...then...after registration we took Elly to Dr. V's and he confirmed her need for adenoid removal and tubes. She has hearing loss in both ears, one worse than the other. That might be why she has the world's loudest voice...guess I should have thought of that one! She's scheduled for Tuesday morning. Man, we have quite the week planned. Wedding this weekend (girls are flower girls) then tubes Tuesday. At least it is almost March! Isn't that when we're suppose to see the sun?
1 comment:
You've been BUSY! I'll have to keep all those kindergarten things in mind in another three years! ;) Have fun at the wedding this weekend!
Post a Comment