It's been a long hiatus for my blogging. The transition to the new house was great but boy did our patterns and rhythms get turned upside down. We are settled in, we love the new place (still) and we're ready to share some exciting news.
We're adopting again!
This time, he is a teenager and he is visually impaired. His name is Dani and we are thrilled. We are of course nervous too, but we're sure that we would be no matter what or who, that is just part of adding to your family. And I remember feeling it with all three of our current kids.
This adoption sort of is happening a different way since we've already identified a child (he was a waiting child on a special needs adoption listing) so we are sort of doing this different from last time. We're home study approved and now we're working on PAIR processing and I-600a. So this is the waiting part. If all goes as planned (ha!) we might even have him home in the fall.
This past weekend we went to a mini-waterpark-in-a-hotel sort of thing in Owatonna, MN and a complete stranger struck up a conversation with us about adoption. We shared about Dani and the next time we saw her in the hotel she gave us a $200 donation towards our fund! I was blown away!
We have had TWO Noonday "ambassadors" offer to host fundraising parties for us, and a good friend and fellow adoptive mom is hosting a boutique sale for us in her home! I'm just speechless. The generosity is just amazing.
This pic was drawn by Elly a while back, but I think it signifies how we all feel right now! God is good!

1 comment:
Live the drawing! I am so excited for your family and am loving how God is already working!
Post a Comment