13 May 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

I don't have a really super heartfelt post (mostly because my brain is not working at 100% yet, following a really silly fall and an even sillier trip to the ER resulting in the most silly of concussions!) Anywhoo...I did want to say HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to my mom, Diane.

Dan asked me today to share with the kids what lesson I will take from my mom.  I thought for a long time, I think the two things I most appreciate about her was her fierce loyalty and protection over her family, and her completely amazing ability to work hard to accomplish something!  If she wants to do it, watch out, it's getting done!  I love you mom!

The kids made me handmade cards and gifts (my fave) and took me out to breakfast.  Then we walked around a big Garden Center and looked at the plants.  We came to an area with those garden stones you can buy to remember a loved one who is deceased.  Elly said, "Oh this is the place they put the plants that die."

No comments: