28 April 2012

Casa Nueva

So, I posted her a while ago that we would be selling our house.  Well it sold in about two and a half weeks after about 17 showings which was insane but great.  Did I also mention Dan was out of town and it was Spring break so the kids were all home??  Anywhoo!  It sold.  That's all that matters! 

We close July 6th and we just signed the papers for our new house which we are building!  That is so exciting to me, though also very nerve-wracking!  We wanted to live in a specific neighborhood for the school, park, etc. and this lot was just the perfect spot!  The company that owns the land is run by a man who went on a mission trip to Mexico with Dan back in '05.  The trick is that we'll be out of THIS house before we're in THAT house...so we will be crashing on friend's couches for a month or so!  Woohoo!  Should be an adventurous summer.  We are so thrilled though, this house will be great for us, more space, more yard, a garage, main floor laundry, and the most exciting thing ever--master bathroom!!  The fun is just beginning because we get to pick out all sorts of things.  Right now I'm debating on siding colors.  Dan says thats funny because that's the last thing they put on.

I get overcome with thankfulness over this blessing-- and it surely is a blessing.  And we pray that God will use us and the house for his glory and that we wouldn't take it for granted or strive for more "stuff" but that we would strive to know Him more and more every day!

2 comments:

HollyMarie said...

I'm so excited FOR you guys! :) Make sure you post updates/progress pics, etc. :)

laura b. said...

Remember to put an outlet by the front door if you want to hang a lighted Christmas wreath. I have a friend who said they forgot to include that when they built a house.